March 13, 2015
T he first time Janae and I went out one on one, we went to a coffee shop that I had worked at, we sat down and talked about the most random things we could’ve talked about, especially during the first time hanging out, we talked about about how one day I would move up to PA and we would open up a Studio Cafe, I would prepare the coffee and she would display her images and hold meetings and all of that fun stuff. We also talked about blogging, which at the time I had no clue what blogging was all about, but we talked about how it would be fun to start a blog together and talk about all of our adventures. We were talking about pretty intense stuff considering it was our first “date”, because I paid for the coffee.
Today as I write my first official post in our blog, I feel closer to many of the things we talked about, that at the time were just our dreams and imagination. So who knows maybe in the future we will be drinking a coffee at our Studio Cafe.
So here it is folks.
10 Things you may not know about Janae (by Hugo)
1. She is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met and she is not so competitive.
2. She does not mind wearing non matching socks.
3. She took Art 1 as a Senior in High School and her art teacher did not discover her talent and passion for photography until the last few days of the year.
4. Her passion for photography got started while she was in missions in Guatemala.
5. She was about 18 months old, when she first got in a plane to Guatemala. She was destined to marry a Guatemalan.
6. The second time we were hanging out one on one, she asked me if I was willing to move to the U. S., stating that she was not willing to move to Guatemala. I think that statement might had changed by now.
7. Most people in Guatemala can not pronounce Janae’s name, if her name was spelled like people pronounce it, it would be “Yane”.
8. She taught english in Guatemala to kids who only spoke Spanish, not knowing how to speak Spanish.
9. My youngest sister Keila, started calling her “cuñada”, which means “sister in law”, immediately after Janae and I met. She must have known something we did not know at the time.
10. The first time she went to visit me in Guatemala, after we started long distance dating, she spent a night at the hospital, after eating RAW shrimp cocktail, even though up to date she still blames fried chicken for it.